- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch cubes
- Oil Spray
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup hot sauce such as Tabasco, divided
- 6 ribs celery cut crosswise in halves or thirds, then lengthwise into sticks
- 2/3 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk (low-fat or nonfat is okay)
- 18 6-inch skewers soaked in water for at least 30 minutes if they’re wood or bamboo
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and milk. Season with salt and set aside. In another small bowl, combine the butter and 2 tablespoons of the hot sauce. Set both mixtures aside.
In a large bowl, combine the pork and remaining 2 tablespoons of hot sauce. Season generously with salt. Thread the pork onto skewers and arrange on prepared baking sheet. Broil for 4 minutes. Turn and broil until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove pork from broiler and let rest at least 3 minutes. While pork is resting, brush both sides with the butter mixture.
Serve the skewers and celery sticks with the blue cheese sauce on the side.
*Note: Instead of making the blue cheese sauce from scratch, you can purchase ready-made blue cheese dressing.
Yield: 6 servings