- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar or honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 8 ounces lean ground pork
- 3 cups coleslaw mix (with carrots)
- 8-oz can sliced water chestnuts drained and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 Boston bibb lettuce leaves
Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and continue boiling 1 minute. Remove from heat and place in a small bowl to cool.
Meanwhile, coat a medium skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot. Cook the pork until no longer pink, stirring frequently breaking up larger pieces while cooking.
Combine the cooked pork, coleslaw mix, water chestnuts, cilantro, ginger, salt and black pepper in a medium bowl and toss until well blended. Spoon equal amounts in each of the lettuce leaves, (about 1/4 cup per leaf. Spoon equal amounts (about 1 1/2 teaspoons) of the dressing over each. May serve with knives and forks or pull up edges of leaves and enjoy as mini wraps.
Makes 16 total (16 leaves, about 5 cups pork mixture and 1/2 cup dressing total)
Serves 4; 4 per serving as an entrée
Serves 8; 2 per serving as an appetizer
Nutritional facts for 4 servings