4 pound pork shoulder, excess fat removed
1 cup onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, diced
1 cup honey BBQ sauce
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, undrained
1 teaspoon all purpose seasoning (no salt)
- Add chopped onions, garlic and pineapple to slow cooker.
- Add pork shoulder to slow cooker and rub all purpose seasoning on outside of pork.
- Pour BBQ sauce over pork shoulder.
- Cook pork for 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Remove pork and shred with 2 forks.
- Remove excess liquid from slow cooker and pour over strainer.
- Place pineapple and onions from strainer back into slow cooker.
- Add pork back to slow cooker and stir together with pineapple and onions.
- Cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with hamburger buns.
Exclusive recipe courtesy of Kristy, author of the blog Chocolate Slopes. The blog can be found here.