- 1/2 pound lean ground pork
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 jalapeno chile minced*
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese OR jack cheese, grated
In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork with onion and garlic until browned; drain off any drippings and remove to large bowl. Stir cumin, oregano, jalapeno and cilantro into pork mixture. Wipe out skillet with paper towel and heat over medium-high heat. Place one tortilla in skillet; top with half of the pork mixture, spreading evenly, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of cheese. Top with another tortilla and cook on one side until nicely browned (about 2-3 minutes), pressing down occasionally on top tortilla (using a spatula or, carefully, your hand). Turn and brown the other side, remove to cutting board and cut into 8 wedges. Repeat process to make 8 more quesadilla wedges. Serve with salsa, if desired.
*Wear rubber gloves when handling hot chiles. servings.