- 2 pounds Kielbasa cut into coins about 3/4″ to 1″ thick
- 1 pound Sauerkraut drained and/or rinsed based on personal preference
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Koshor salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a cast-iron skillet brown pieces of sausage and then set aside.
- Add sauerkraut to empty skillet and season with brown sugar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. On medium-high heat warm sauerkraut until it begins to brown off and dry out just a little bit.
- Return sausage to the skillet on top of sauerkraut. Cover skillet and allow to simmer for 5 – 10 minutes until sausages are heated through.
Courtesy of Jennifer at Plowing Through Life