Virtual Field Trips
Take your class on a Virtual Field Trip to an Ohio Pig Farm from the comfort of your own classroom!
Turn your classroom into a virtual pig farm through a one-of-a-kind learning experience as you connect with a real Ohio pig farm for a live video tour and chat with a farmer. Your class will get a peek inside a pig barn and learn what it takes to raise pigs, and have a live Q&A session with a farmer.
Live Virtual Field Trips are offered throughout the school year, with options to request recordings of trips as well. All you need to participate is an internet-connected computer, webcam and microphone.
Registering and participating is as simple as 1-2-3!
- Visit ohiopork.org/fieldtrip to register your class and choose a date for your Virtual Field Trip.
- We’ll set up a practice session with you and provide you details to help you prepare and be comfortable with the video chat platform. Elementary teachers will also receive resources to use in the classroom to enhance the trip.
- On the day of your trip, all you’ll do is click a link and your class will be chatting with a real Ohio pig farmer who will give you a tour of their farm and answer your students’ questions!
Helpful links to prepare for your VFT:
- Ohio Pig Farm Quiz & Facts
- Summary of Three Virtual Field Trips to Ohio Pig Farms March 2015
- People Raise Pigs – Careers on Ohio Farms
Ready to Register? Choose your grade level below to access and complete your registration form.
For more information, call 614-570-7218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.